Sunday, October 11, 2009

Race for the Taste 10K

Gosh darn, it's still so hot in Florida. This is why they don't do races in summer because it's so hot. Fall needs to get here.

Well, it was a group effort today at the race. I've never had so many friends out there with me in the race, and it was great. I think the 'race bug' has been caught, though they are all against the marathon (participating themselves at least).

It was warm, and I stayed steady until I got into EPCOT's World Showcase. I started feeling 'blah' and ended up sitting on a bench for a few minutes near Mexico. After I emptied my stomach on the lawn, I strolled the last .7 miles to the finish line. The medic pargo had been called, but I wasn't going to stop so close to the finish. My poor friends were so worried, but I did it. Unfortunately, I didn't get to enjoy the free Food & Wine Festival food items, but that's okay.

I am still glad that I did the race. It's been a few months since I actually participated in one, and they are always a learning experience.

Hopefully new photos will be appearing once my friend gets them uploaded.

1 comment:

  1. I think MANY people have emptied their stomachs in Mexico, so you're in good company. Good for you for hanging in there and finishing the race!!! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete