Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Butt Workout

Well, earlier this week I accidentally :) took a break from my normal workout. I didn't get to join the team for a group run session due to work that kept me there past the deadline to get out of the office. I made up for it (not that you can really do that) with some workouts the past two days.

Yesterday, I got a guest pass to Gold's Gym, so I could attend a Step class. I haven't done step aerobics in YEARS, and it did show. I'm good with coordination but it was fast, couldn't understand a damn word the instructor was saying, and there was a tall guy blocking my view. Needless to say, I laughed a lot through it all. Today, I can definitely feel it in my rear. yay!

Today, I got told I have a strut in my step, like I shake my hips or something. I don't know what to say about that at all, but "check it out boys!"

So after work today I headed straight to the gym (Y) to do some cardio. I did a nice 20 minute workout on the treadmill with a nice mix of walking and running. Then I got a 15 minute stretch class where I really worked out my chest muscles that get cramped from sitting over a computer like this all darn day. After the stretch, I went straight into yoga. Wow, there were some moves...nothing killer though. I felt a really good stretch like I can feel myself getting stronger. It was nice because one of my buds was there in class, and it's always more fun with friends.

Now I can enjoy a protein shake and a documentatary on the Future of Food. Food Inc is better but still good education on the food I consume.

No comments:

Post a Comment