Saturday, May 29, 2010

little weekend work

Well, quick inventory of activity:
Thursday swimming
Friday rest
Saturday strength/cardio

So, one of my buds let me enjoy her pool on Thursday. Since I'm still new to swimming, I took the 35 minutes to practice breathing and get comfortable in the water. I'm not trying to stroke myself across the pool yet. Just learn how to regulate my breathing. I know it sounds funny, but the next step is to figure out how to get the swim cap on; it's not as easy as I thought.

On Friday, I took a long nap in the evening before going back to sleep.

Today, I did session #2 at the Y. It shows some additional strength plus using the elliptical (intervals). There was supposed to be a small group of us, but it was only me, so it became a personal training session. It was good, and I worked up a good sweat. I like the fact that they show you how to use machines and work without machines. The staff, for the most part, is really nice.
Apparently Saturday has a kids day element where the kids are in the studio doing exercises and such, so there was a huge group of parents watching in awe. It was so cute; the parents were so proud.

So after a good workout today, I headed to a chocolatier to make my own chocolate with a nice group of women I met through a meetup.com. They do lots of fun activities, and it's nice to meet new people.

The rest of the day is projects and soon I'll be off to bed to get some good sleep. Tomorrow is another adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment