Tuesday, May 18, 2010

New Mantra

Well, tonight a new mantra chose me. I was singing random songs in my head, when the song "Hands" by Jewel came out. Only Kindness Matters. I know this doesn't have to do directly with training or eat healthy, but it does. It's about kindness to others and to myself. It's about pushing my body in a healthy way, eating food that nourishes my body & doesn't hurt it, and being gentler on the level of stress I place upon myself. It's not about being angry on the road and letting the guy in in front of you; it's about smiling at the grocery store cashier.
It's about kindness - to me and everyone around me. It starts here!

1 comment:

  1. Smiling at the grocery store cashier is so important. When you ask someone for assistance in a store and they give you an answer - however easy it seemed to you for them to do - don't just say 'Thanks' and walk away. Everyone does that and it makes no positive influence in the world or in the lives of those you come in contact with. MAKE EYE CONTACT and tell them, "Thank you, I really appreciate your time/help/opinion/etc." Then SINCERELY wish them a nice day. It costs nothing; but means so much!!

    ReplyDelete