Saturday, September 12, 2009

First Official Day of Training

Holy cow, 5:15am came so early this morning. It was dark when I left home and dark when I started exercising...aack! I had to drive across town for this morning's training to be there at 6:45am. Unfortunately, I misjudged the time and got there a couple minutes before everyone ran off. 3 miles today - I decided to walk with 2-3 little spurts of running since this is the first time I've really gone out and run/walk outside since earlier this year. I am sliding easily into this training, so that I don't injure myself. I spent the walk by myself, but being nearby a number of fellow trainees. I was happy to meet my coach & mentor in person as well.
I left sweaty and looking 'hot' (by that, my poor face was bright red for 30 minutes afterward). It felt great, and I am so motivated right now to face the world. Why haven't I been exercising more when it gives such a rush?

Well, I'm going by Track Shack today to test out some new sneaks - expensive yes - fitting my foot and stride - awesome!

First official week of training for the marathon - check! Looking forward to more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment