Sunday, September 27, 2009

Just a Walk in the Park

Today was a Disney day. My friend, Kristin, and I wanted to test out part of our upcoming 10K, so we hit some 'free' areas of Disney. We walked the Boardwalk and trail from Hollywood Studios to the World Showcase entrance of EPCOT - twice. I think it measured to about 4.5 miles. We didn't go super fast as my 'long run' was yesterday, but we kept it steady and did a good amount of stretching throughout. It was good to get a feel for at least a portion of the race, and we even took the little hills backwards a couple times just to work some different muscles. It was 100% humidity, so even at 9:30am this morning, it was HOT. We had a good workout and ate pretty well overall.
We started the day with a double fiber whole grain bread lightly toasted with peanut butter and a banana. It was yummy, but not recommended for long run days (for me at least). We had a yummy salad and some bread at lunch from one of our fave places, Sweet Tomatoes.
I've been reading Body for Life and Runner's world this evening, and I'm getting some good tips for healthy eating and exercising. This has been a great experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment